Pages

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

LOFT: Black and Blue

Photo Cred: John
There are so many Fall color combinations this year, but this season I am in love with dark navy blue and black pairs.  I wore this outfit to a job interview at Ann Taylor Loft on Monday. The requirement for this interview was that you had to dress in the Loft style.  Basically, the outfit had to be creative, fashionable, and youthful while still being professional. That is my personal take on the Loft style. I also decided to pair this outfit together with a statement necklace from Loft.
I really wanted to stay away from black and white even though it's a classic look. I thought that it was just too formal and sharp for my interview. In the end, I decided to go with a navy blue button up but still stick with the classic blank pants. I think that the key to this outfit's youthfulness is in the skinny black ankle trousers instead of your traditional trouser pants.  Even though it's skinny, the material and feel of the pants were very formal like suit material. Instead of round toed shoes, I went with pointy toe ankle strap shoes from JCrew. Pointy toed shoes help give the illusion of length. In a way, it helps you look a little taller, which I needed, because I'm only 5' 1.5".
The cognac brown leather tote also gave the outfit the vibe of being laid back and relaxation. Instead of a dark color bag, like black, the brown kept the outfit slightly more casual than wearing purely blue and black. I made sure to pay special attention to every single little detail to the outfit because I wanted to create and leave a good impression from the hiring manager. I think that overall, my outfit gave the hiring manager the impression that I am professional but am also an easy going person, very friendly, and relatable. Remember, the next time you need to dress for an interview you should think about the environment of the company or store that you are interviewing for. Dress to the interview as if you will work for them. It doesn't hurt to ask your interviewer either!  I did that for the past 3 interviews and it really helped.
This statement necklace deserves its own paragraph. This necklace is part of the Live in Pink Collection from LOFT. It was created to raise awareness for the October Breast Cancer awareness month. The inspiration for this necklace is is a collaboration between Giuliana Rancic and designer Suzanna Dai. Together, 60% of the purchase price for any piece of the collection will go to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation.  I felt really proud when I made the purchase for this necklace and it was very appropriate to wear it to the interview as well. If you have done anything to raise awareness for Pink October I want to say thank you to you.
It's also Wednesday Hump. I hope that you will continue your week with a positive attitude and a big smile like the picture above. All of these photos were taken by my boyfriend John. Thank you for making laugh during the shoot and making me feel like a model with your photography skill.

P.S. I got the job offer from LOFT today and I'm ecstatic! 

Outfit:

4 comments:

  1. Haha, Congrats on the job! I love how natural these photos look and the outfit indeed looks very youthful but still, surprisingly, convey the professional vibe. I think the statement necklace was also a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool outfit! Anyway i just found out http://www.whatiwear.com and many fashion lovers are there! You should also post your picture there, so your pictures can be seen by more people since they say it’s the fastest growing street fashion community! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thank you so much for putting your time out to read it. I really appreciate that. and thanks for the link :)

      Delete