Pages

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Fall In California: White pants and chambray

 I cannot believe that it is already October. But where is Fall? Honestly, we don't get any real Fall weather here in California. These past few days have been sunny, hot, and very windy because of the so-called Santa Ana wind, but that's why the pictures turned out to be so great. Before I get into my story here, I need to give a shout out to my friend Gino for taking these awesome photos for me.  He's also known as our Gino Bear or Uncle Gino because he's so huggable and warm.

 You may think that this is such a simple and basic outfit but it isn't for me. This is actually the first time I have ever worn white jeans. Every summer, I see pictures of celebrities, bloggers, youtubers, and everyday people pulling off these pants left and right. I always admire them. Even though this is late summer early fall, it's my turn! and I'm very happy to finally have the confidence to wear them.

I'm 5 ft 1 in and 3/4.  Although I am petite, my body type isn't slender like most Asian girls .  Growing up, I have always been bigger than my siblings, cousins, and friends. Vietnamese families are very upfront and are not afraid to tell you that you are fat or something. From time to time, I would hear this about myself. It has made me feel very insecure about my body. I was afraid to wear light color pants because it might make my thighs look big sausages. Up until now, I have always bought dark color jeans and black jeans. I stayed away from fun color pants that I wish I could wear. I would not wear any shirts and dresses that would hug my body.

Growing up I have read so many blogs like Wendy's Lookbook and Chriselle Lim, they have helped me become more confident about myself and the things that I wear. I felt like I reprogrammed myself in a way. Now, it doesn't matter about what other people might think about my thighs or what I am wearing. As long as I am feeling happy and confident, who cares what people think of what I'm wearing or how I look like? I know that I wasn't born to have nice slender legs or a slim body. But if you don't love yourself first then who will?  I've learned to embrace and be thankful for what was given to me. I am now more comfortable in my own skin than ever.

 I think that you yourself is the most beautiful when you are confident. So girls, don't be afraid to step out of your house next time wearing bright bold lips or white pants. Here's a secret, guys find a woman the most sexy when they are confident and can be themselves.

Outfit:
Pants: GAP legging jeans
Watch: Michael Kors MK5132
Shoes: Madewell Skimmers

No comments:

Post a Comment