Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Review: Madewell The Transport Tote

Let's start out with some basic information about this bag. On the Madewell website, it lists 100% leather but it does not specify what kind. I found out by chatting online with their customer service that the bag is made out of 100% cow leather. If you are vegan, then I apologize. It has only one interior zip pocket. The length of the handle drop is 8 and 1/4 in. The overall size is  13 3/4"H x 17"W x 6"D.  It comes in two colors: English Saddle (cognac brown) and True Black with the cognac brown handle.  The price is $168. 

I love the leather on this bag. It's very soft. The bag has a semi structure to it, so it doesn't sit up by itself. The color doesn't rub onto your clothes, which is always a plus. You can either carry it on your shoulder, your forearm, or just holding the handles. Either way it's super stylish, chic, and fresh.

I am personally obsessed with this tote bag. The cognac brown color pretty much goes with everything in my closet. If you are looking to add a new bag to your collection, this is it. It will become a staple when you have one of those moments in which you don't know which bag to carry. The best thing about this bag is that it fits everything. It's great for school, work, meetings, traveling, and etc. 

Since it is such a large tote bag, I would recommend organizing everything you have in small makeup bags or pouches. I find that it is the best way to keep everything together and separated. In mine, I would have a pouch for on the go makeup, one for receipts, my wallet, and etc. 

With only one interior pocket, I use that for my phone and keys since I am always reaching for them. You don't want to rummage through everything trying to find those two things and get all freaked out because you couldn't see it or find it immediately. Believe me, my boyfriend tells me that all the time.

Overall,  it is pricey but I think it's a good deal for 100% leather. With so much versatility, spending a little more to get such a good quality, durable bag is well worth the investment. You can always count on this bag.

If you don't believe how versatile this bag can be, below you can find pictures of bloggers that own this bag. It can be dressed up or down. These bloggers are amazing at styling and please follow them because they are such inspirations. 






Price: $169
Note: If you are a college student, show your Id and get 15% off your purchase. There's no student discount if you buy it online.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this review! Considering this tote, and this is exactly the type of feedback I was looking for. :)

    ReplyDelete