Pages

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Friendship: easy going white blouse and blue jeans

Photo Cred: Sophia Lam
It's Wednesday or also known as midweek but I like to call it the Wednesday Hump. No, not that kind of hump please. This hump is like the tallest point on the mountain before you start descending the mountain. It is at this point where I would ask myself when is the weekend or how many days until Friday. Well, this Wednesday is very different from the usual. I got up early to have a light breakfast and was then joined by my two friends, Nancy and Sophia (aka Sophancy), for a morning Tone It UP workout. Afterward, I made them some yummy coconut milk pancakes.  It was a good way to start the day.
The benefit of a good workout and company from friends put me in such an uplifting mood. I feel so relaxed and open for what will be coming my way for the rest of the day. It is one of the reasons why I decided to get all dolled up just for running errands. Normally, I would just put on some jeans and t-shirt to head out the door. Not today!!!
I decided to put myself in a white blouse instead. I even made an effort to put on some makeup as well. Ask any of my friends! I usually go for the I don't care how I look like kind of look when I don't have to see anyone. I also decided to sport my new JCrew bracelet, which I got last week at such an incredible price of $21 dollars plus tax. The original price is $118 but it was marked down in store for $59.99. With the extra 40% off and 15% from student discount, I couldn't pass it up!!!
I really hope that this positive energy will be with me for the rest of the week. Today made me realized how such small things in life can make one feels so happy. I haven't seen Sophancy in awhile but it was our desire to workout that pulled us together this morning. I guess sometimes when you are so busy you forget how valuable friendship can be. It's good to be alone but it is the people around me that make me appreciate everything in my life . Their warmth, happiness, and laughter have made me who I am today. So to all of my friends, I love you all very much :)

Outfit:
Blouse: Forever 21 (old)
Bracelet:  JCrew

2 comments: